Friday, July 1, 2011

First and foremost I would like to say fuck you very much Google.  Why when something is working just fine, do you feel the need to go and make changes?  Ok, I feel better.

I set my alarm for 5 am before I went to bed last night with all the intentions of getting up and getting my butt on the treadmill.  This was after a weigh in at the fat doctor yesterday on my weigh home from work.  I didnt gain but I didnt lose either.  The gal in the room next to me lost 11 lbs in one month.  She goes 1.5 miles almost daily.  It could either be the exercise or it could be that her system has not become almost immune to the diet pills.  I figured, I could do that, if I could just get up early enough.  

Well one of my dogs has this thing for 1:15 am.  Not sure if he is listening to Ozzy and Barking at the Moon or if every morning at 1:15 am someone is snooping around the house.  I have not quit figured it out.  Last night or this morning when it happened, I never really went back to sleep.  I dozed in and out, watched the clock and listened to my lumberjack snore.  I am glad that he gets sleep because he has one hell of a drive to work.

Finally I fell asleep and then it was time for my lumberjack to get  up and well, I tried so hard to go back to sleep but couldn't really so I turned off the alarm and out on my workout clothes.  I headed downstairs with my phone and headphones so I could listen to Creed on Pandora.  I might have watched some TV but for some reason Bailey decided to sleep on the couch, which is a HUGE no no in my house and that is another topic for another day.

I managed to make it through a mile and not because I am that out of shape, I just get BORED!  It was a slow mile so I will have lots of room for improvement, I am just glad I finally got off my ass and did it.  Even if it was Friday and I should have started on Monday!

I am happy it is Friday and a long weekend, that gives the DC an extra day of drinking!  We have lots going on this weekend; mini block party in my hood after work today and then a BBQ at Saggy Balls house on Saturday and well that leaves Sunday open but I would imagine that we (the DC) will end up at our local watering hole.  Sounds like a perfect weekend to me.  The only thing that could make it better, is if the Head Cheese at work decided to let us all (all of us that did not already take today off) go early because I am in desperate need of a pedicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment