Tuesday, July 26, 2011

At the mercy of technology!





Most of us may not even realize how much we rely on technology because we are all spoiled brats and we take everything for granted.  That is until…..the main software program you use at work goes down!  It houses all of the information we use each and every day while doing our jobs.  We can’t so much as pick up the phone and just make a random call because we cannot get to any of the phone numbers.

I laugh a little on the inside when this happens because this is when we all meander to the kitchen for more coffee, tea, water, we make a small breakfast that includes four courses and we then head back to our desks and start reading the news ONLINE.  Thank God, this just affected a computer program and not our entire network because we can at least sit here and read up on the daily happenings around the world!

I guess this is also the appropriate time to talk about an offsite coworker that has Shingles!  Excuse me, but if I happened to mention to you on a private phone call of a medical condition that I am experiencing, I probably don’t want you to share with the others.  If I felt that everyone needed to know that I have shingles, I would send out a damn memo!

No comments:

Post a Comment