Friday, August 12, 2011

Finally Friday!!!!!!!!!

Last night was the football draft for McKenzy’s football  league and since Danny and I are both staff, we were forced to go (beer and pizza= BUMMER).  Honestly it doesn’t make much sense as to why our staff had to be there because we don’t get to pick, we just get the left over kids.  They could have easily just printed the list for us and handed it to us tonight at practice.  It was fun though, it was a first for all of us and a very different experience and I walked away with a headache.  My headache was better than the ass beating some coach was about to receive as we were leaving.  I wanted to stay and video tape but I think the Chapter President might have frowned on that.  It was all good, the receiving coach was well deserving of an ass beating!  Today will be our first practice as our own team and I think that deserves a field cocktail!

We got home from the draft last night and Dakota was home again and man was it nice to see him sitting on the couch with Bailey.  Bailey looked happy to have his big brother home and I know this will make all of us very happy.  We will be a complete family again!  I am that mom that would encourage my kids to live at home forever!  I know they are going to grow up, get married and have kids, but a little part of my wishes they would not so that they can just stay at home with me forever!  Bailey says that Mckenzy will be the one that will be at home forever and never leave!

We were not out super late last night, we left the draft at 10:30, but then laid in bed and talked about the excitement of having our team finally and so it was a little later then we had wanted it to be.  It was a little rough for me getting up this morning; I can only imagine how difficult it was for Danny!  We have practice until 8 tonight and then Danny and I both have to get up for staff clinics in the morning and Lord knows how much of the day those are going to consume!  Even once we finish all our clinics and training, we will then have our Saturday games and from I overheard, our games will be at noon!  What a perfect time, NOT.  Smack dab right in the middle of the day when we could be hustlin’ and bustlin’ around town.   I imagine it will only get busier when Bailey decides if he wants to swim or wrestle this year.  The joys of parenting.  I love my kids and make all sorts of sacrifices for them, none of which they even recognize.  Maybe one day when they are older they will!

I survived yet another company potluck!  That will be the next shirt that I make!  Back in my Sage Software days, we were having potlucks for everyone’s birthdays, weddings, people leaving the company and then coming back and leaving again and really just any ol’ reason was a good reason to have a potluck.  Potlucks are great, because you bring “a” dish and you get to eat a multitude of food items.  My gut is never pleased with me after a potluck, but man o man, I am happier than a puppy with TWO peters.  Today I had three different types of salads, boneless buffalo nuggets, home made mac n cheese, a BBQ beef Sammie, a chocolate chip cookie, a peanut butter cookie and a red velvet cup cake.  About an hour later I was walking with the lunchroom and grabbed another cookie!  There is SO much that I missed, that I feel I should make a plate to go.  This is when I need my dear sweet frined Debbie Hill who always had Tupperware in her desk drawer.  I feel like I could puke, but other than that, my gut is perfectly fine.  That must mean that everyone cooked their food at the proper temperatures.  For that, I thank you ;)

Three more hours and then it is field cocktail time.  I am sure no one will even know!  I could just bring my flask that looks like a cell phone and when I am swigging from a cell phone and someone looks at me weird, I could just say that my phone stopped working and I am giving it mouth to mouth…..Ha Ha, I will be here all night and don’t forget to tip your servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment