Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just another manic Monday

My week has started off with a BANG.  I did the right thing this morning by helping Mckenzy make his own breakfast only to get in my car and find out that the gas I had in there had evaporated and I had 10 miles until I was going to run out of gas.  Work is slightly more than 10 miles away and I was not about to push it.  I stopped and put in about 5 gallons and got back on the road.  The Winchester exit off the 15 has always been my worst nightmare, but since working 8:30 – 5:00 pm it has not been that bad.  Of course the one day that I had to make an unexpected stop, a trash truck decided to break down right at the top of the exit and so getting off the freeway was a pain in the ass.  I ended up being 15 minutes late because I also had a fight with the time an attendance program on my PC and finally gave up and had to run to the lunch room to clock in.  I didn’t let the morning ruin my day!  I have a smile on my face and am still very grateful to have this job and this awesome learning opportunity!
My commute home was not any better.  It took me over a half hour to get home because it took 15 minutes just to get on the freeway!  Why in Mondays?

No comments:

Post a Comment