Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First day of work, yet again!

Yesterday (June 6, 2011) was my first day on the new job.  I went in tired and a little apprehensive due to the horrible experience I had during the last "job."  I must say, I was shocked by the second hour of my shift.  People were nice, welcoming and eager to talk to me! The best part yet is that they have a business casual dress code and jeans are ok!  A gal that works on the same team as me has a tattoo on her that was was visible AND everyone had their cell phones out on their desks!  I plan to keep my phone tucked away during training and will check it periodically through out the day!  I have a feeling that this is the job that I am going to fall in love with and it is the temporary job!

It is in Temecula, right off of Winchester, so it is close to home and easy to get to.  I am working the 8-5 shift for the next couple weeks and traffic was light and easy going.  Towards the end of June I will work 7-3:30 with a half hour lunch, which is just perfect for me!  I will have time to run errands on my way and maybe even get my tan on if my membership has not expired!

I am really excited about this opportunity and hope that our group can kick ass and take names so that at the end of the contract, they will see the benefit of our group and what we have accomplished and maybe keep a few of us around.

The only draw back that I can see thus far is that our busy time is flu season and with that comes long days and no time off.  Our holiday schedule is what I would call anorexic.  Basically, if Fed Ex works, we work.  Minus the weekends.  However, if we have to schedule a flu clinic on a Saturday, then we will need to work that Saturday.  My goal is to NOT book a Saturday clinic and keep on top of my shit so I am not working 10 hour days.  Easier said than done, I  know!  Vacations during the holidays will be impossible, even just a long weekend.  I see we get Christmas day off, but not the eve, so the idea of extending any holiday will not be in my immediate future.

However, on a positive note:  I have a job and after day one, I am happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment