Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Extreme Couponing Lessons (Learned)

  1. Always cut your coupons just as quickly as you can. (
  2. Organize them just as quickly if not quicker :)
  3. Never EVER leave the house with your coupons. 

I have spent the past couple of days printing online coupons because I think I forgot to pay for my newspaper subscription and so I have not received a paper in a couple weeks.  This makes me feel sad.  So while I am figuring out the issue with my paper and since I cannot remember to buy it at the store on Sundays, I resorted to printing them.  Lucky for me, we had purchased an efficient printer for the house because I often do quite a bit of printing and the other printers we have were just not cost effective.  So, to answer your questions, no I am not worried about the cost to print these coupons.

What got me today was I had a huge STACK to go through and cut and I really just had a crazy day and did not get through the majority of the stack and so when I ran to the store for cheese and heavy cream, I was not prepared for the clearance bin!!!!!!!!!  Most of you probably don't know this about me, but the first place I head to when I shop is the clearance bin.  Before cutting coupons, this was my way of saving money.  Well then I started learning about coupons and how/when to use them.  I am running through the store because that is how I don't spend extra money.  Well there was a traffic at the back of the store, RIGHT in front of the clearance bins.  I tried not looking but then I noticed that had a cart full of juices that had been marked down.  AND I had coupons for those juices (I think) but they were at home.  I hurry and grab the kids to get them home so I can grab just the coupons I need and get back over there.  Well there was a small snafu with the kids and it took a little longer than I had hoped and so FINALLY I am back at the store, coupons in hand and making a bealine for the clearance bin.  Only to find that EVERYTHING is gone.  Nothing was left.  I was sad, heartbroken and a little pissed.  Danny would blame the kids because of the snafu and I know what he is thinking, but had I left the house WITH my coupons, I would have been able to see if I could score with the coupons and there would not have been a snafu with the kids.  

My life lesson today; if I had my coupons ready to go and in my car, my day would not have been so shitty!

My goal is to get to the couponing point where it is a game and a challenge and no longer a necessity!

Cheers to those that care to read about my crazy life and horrible experiences.  And YES, the wine I am drinking I did get on sale, with a coupon AND a mail in rebate!

No comments:

Post a Comment