Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do you know who I am??

As I sit here for 8 hours making calls to employer groups and trying to sell them our flu shot clinic services, I crack up when I am lucky enough to speak with someone who feels they are too good for a flu shot or just feel the need to point out who they are or what their title is.
The other day I called an attorney's office and had reached one of the attorney's and after I explained who I am and why I was calling, he says "I am a lawyer!"  Well golly gee willikers, today must be my lucky day seeing that I am speaking with a lawyer (and at no cost to me to-boot).  Honestly I don't care what your title is, all I care is that you are interested in hosting a flu shot clinic for your employees so that I can make a little commission on the deal!  Believe it or not, lawyers have been know to contract the flu!
Today I called the State of Iowa, again more people I presume that could contract the flu.  The gal answers the phone "Governors Office."  Me being as smart as I am, figured that I was calling the Governors office.  I explained to the gal who I am and why I am calling and she replies with "This is the Governors office!"  Ok, great, fantastic! Thanks for pointing that out.  Now are you guys planning on offering flu shots to the employees this year?  She says "Well do you normally work with offices of such high magnitude like the Governors office?"  Um, well has anyone there at the Governors office had the flu or have they had the flu shot?  Yes.  Well then yes we do work with offices of such high magnitude such as yours!
Seriously people????  Everyone has the chance to catch the flu and everyone should consider getting vaccinated for it.  I don't care who you are and I really don't need you telling me who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment