Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let's Move....

We live in a town that surrounds a lake, a pretty big lake.  We have lived out here for about 8-9 years now and since day one I have realized how the lake really just gets in the way when you ate out and about.  Just about no matter where you are, you will have to drive around the lake just to get where you want to be.  

Since moving out here, we have moved three times.  Although we live in a cookie cutter house neighborhood with punk ass kids as neighbors, I have decided it would be best if we just stayed put for a little while and get our shit together and quit moving.  This house is literally at the complete opposite end of the lake from where we first started.  That means that my kids friends are a bit of a drive away so I spend a lot of time driving them to and fro.  Most parents (including my husband) think I am stupid for doing this, but we don't have side walks in out town where my kids can just go walk/scooter down the street to see a friend.  I do it because I know they are getting there and home safely.

Today I just about died when I was explaining to Bailey that on the weekends he is on MY schedule if he needs a ride...bla bla bla.  This is when he said "I know Mom and this is why I said we should move back to the other side of the lake!"  My response, :Yes, you are right, we should just pack up our 5 bedroom house and all of its contents and move so that you can be closer to your friends!  Yes, we should totally do that!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment