Wednesday, May 18, 2011

First attempt at coupon shopping....

All week I have been sitting at the kitchen table cutting and sorting coupons.  It is a task that requires some dedication and time and well when I am working I dont have much of either.  Now that I have some time off, I thought I would try and get back into the swing of things.

Yesterday I finished with the sorting and stuffing them into my binder.

Today I went through my weekly Ralph's ad and looked through to see what they had on sale that we use.  I made a list and then went through my coupons to see what I had coupons for.  I pulled out the coupons that I was going to use and put them in my zipper pouch, which makes them easily accessible during my shopping trip.

I went up and down the aisles and collected my goods, checked out using my Ralph's club card and my pile of coupons and I saved a total of $96.18 and received $4.00 off my NEXT shopping trip!  I spent $74.9 which is not bad considering what all I bought.  Here is a recap of the items purchased today:

2 Digorno Pizzas with sides
3 jugs of laundry soap
1 bottle of body wash
7 boxes of cereal
6 boxes of hamburger helper (I know, gross, the kids like it)
2 just of coffee
10 things of Yoplait yogurt
1 small single serving Digorno pizza
1 bag of mini chimichungas
2 bags of check mix
1 box of Nabisco Crackerfulls
1 loaf of garlic bread
2 cans of Pilsbury cinnamon rolls
18 packets of Kool Aid

I have not coupon shopped in a long time and so I am trying to get back into it and I am quite proud of myself!  My goal of course is to spend less and get more with each trip that I make!

1 comment:

  1. Good job --I find - for me at least, that I don't use coupons much because they are not for items I would normally purchase -- although it's yummy food -- I try to stay away from it. but good job anyway - those young growing boys need the calories!

    ReplyDelete