Friday, May 20, 2011

It is finally Friday!!!!!!!!

The end of the school year is quickly approaching (May 27 this year) and in hopes of adding a few more stars to my Mother of the Year trophy, I had the kids take their text books back today.  For Bailey is wasn't a big deal as he only had one.  For McKenzy it was a pretty big deal because  he had four.  He managed to shove them all in his backpack which shocked me because that thing is already so full of crap, I don't know how he found the room.  Once I get Bailey to school, McKenzy likes to jump in the front seat with  me and it also helps to make it look like I am NOT talking to myself as we drive to the middle school.  We pull up to the middle school and I reach to the backseat to grab his backpack and just about pulled my arm out of the socket and told him that he is going to have to get out and grab it from the backseat.  "No problem." he says.  He grabs it and says "holy crap." My thoughts exactly but crap wasn't my word of choice.  I felt bad as he attempted to hoist the bag to his back and as I drove off because my coffee was at home getting cold.

The schools really should think twice before sending so many of those large books home each year.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment