Sunday, October 9, 2011

How a white girl makes chilequiles

I love to cook up and eat up Mexican food and it was not that long ago that I was introduced to Chilequiles and would like to punch my husband for not telling me about them sooner!


This is how I make them and so damn easy and so damn yummy!


I start with corn tortillas that have been in the fridge for a while and probably should not be used for anything.  Stale tortillas have a purpose!  I grab a few tortillas and my pizza slicer and I cut wedges.












This is my fryer and my best friend.  It has been in the family for a long time and needs to be replaced.  It is also very dirty because we store it on top of the refrigerator.







Mmmmm, frying in hot oil makes everything taste better!







The first batch is one and yes they always come out more done than the rest!







And we are almost done with the chips.....





The rest is SUPER easy!  I use the green enchilada sauce, sprinkle with cheese and serve!


Not sure if this will be tonights dinner or tomorrows, but I can't wait!


I also had to share my white girl way to drink beer...












No comments:

Post a Comment