Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Damn Christmas tree

Well I gave in and decorated the Christmas tree today.  I really did not want to, all I wanted was to box it back up and throw it back in the garage or better yet just throw it away completely.  


I am not a huge fan of Christmas.  Mostly because of how commercialized it has become and the expectations that my kids have.  Every year I find myself trying to figure out what I am going to get them and then how I am going to afford it. Three teenage boys is so damn expensive.  They want TV's, gaming consoles, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, you name it they want it and I can't afford it.  It seems that somehow I am out of work every year at Christmas time.


Anyhoo, against my better judgement I decorated the tree and really did it because Dakota had asked that I please not put it away.  I am hoping that he will notice that I decorated it and appreciate it because when McKenzy came home from school today he did not even notice or care.  I bet if I were to put presents under the tree he would have noticed real quick.


Update:  After I made a big fuss about the tree, the kids said it looked nice.  Aly was the only one that said anything about the tree without me having to point it out to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment